Direct & Digital Marketing Manager (maternity cover)
- Degree or diploma in fundraising or marketing (or other relevant course) and also a member of the Institute of Fundraising (or other relevant body)
- Considerable digital and direct marketing experience (including paid search, display advertising, email, SMS, press, outdoor and direct mail) with a proven track record of developing and implementing effective digital and direct marketing strategies which resulted in significant income growth
- Exceptional communication, organisational and budget management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent understanding and insight into current trends within the charity sector
Several UK-based organisations specialising in training or sending skilled volunteers to work on long-term assignments in developing countries.
If you want to find out how to donate commercial goods or services please contact Global Hand.
RedR runs quality training courses, such as So You Think You Want to be a Relief Worker and Essentials of Humanitarian Practice, which can help anyone interested in volunteering overseas improve their skills and knowledge of the humanitarian sector. RedR also provides advice to potential new relief workers.
VSO is an international development charity that works using volunteers. Experienced professionals share their skills with local colleagues in some of the world's poorest communities, working together to find realistic solutions to the problems they face.
AlertNet provides global news, communications and logistics services to the international disaster relief community and the public. Reuters' 150 years' experience reporting from disaster zones around the world allows AlertNet to give disaster relief organisations fast, reliable information.
ReliefWeb is a project of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) Information and advice about working or volunteering overseas in the developing world.