Call for proposals: Meta-synthesis for DEC’s Cyclone Idai response
The DEC is calling for proposals to undertake a meta-synthesis for the DEC response for Cyclone Idai (Malawi, Mozambique and Zimbabwe) as described in the attached Terms of Reference.
Interested bidders should submit the following:
1) a cover note confirming that the bidder can carry out the meta-synthesis in the timeframe given in the Terms of Reference (ToR)
2) a brief conceptual framework and proposed approach for how the meta-synthesis will be undertaken, including limitations (max 2 pages)
3) a matrix demonstrating how the consultant/s meet each of the skill requirements (in point 7)
4) a succinct workplan for the assignment
5) a budget (in GBP) setting out the full cost for the meta-synthesis, including:
a. the daily fee rate and number of days for each team member
b. all other costs for the meta-synthesis
6) CVs for the proposed team member/s
7) two samples of outputs from previous relevant pieces of work
8) contact details for two referees for similar type of work for the lead consultant; we will only contact referees with your permission.
DEADLINE: proposals should be submitted by 9am Monday 2nd August 2021 to Katy Bobin, DEC Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions to this call for proposals will be assessed based on the technical quality and the proposed budget. For technical quality, the following will be considered: published requirements for the team, strength of proposed methodology and workplan.
It is expected that this work will be contracted by mid-August, with a view that the work takes place across August-October 2021. The DEC reserves the right to negotiate the proposals and budgets with the bidding teams before offering a contract.