Duration: 2-4 Months
Responsible to: Finance Officer
Expenses: A daily allowance of £25 towards your expenses will be paid.
Location: 43 Chalton Street, NW1 1DU and Tavis House, 1-6 Tavistock Square, Bloomsbury, WC1H 9NA
The DEC brings 14 leading UK aid charities together in times of crisis. We launch appeals to raise money to help those impacted by disaster, making sure that funds reach those that need them most.
An opportunity has risen at the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) to get involved in making a difference in the world. We are looking for a Finance volunteer to support the Finance and Resources team.
The role will involve assisting the team with data entry on our purchase ledger, reconciliations, year end and audit preparation and other areas as required. This role would suit an AAT or ACCA student, preferably second year, who can work 1 or 2 days a week.
What are the benefits of volunteering with the DEC
- Opportunities to improve professional and personal skills through a wide variety of tasks and can contribute towards your accounting qualification’s practical work experience requirement;
- You will be given meaningful work whilst having the opportunity to make a big impact for a great cause;
- Work as part of a committed and dynamic team.
- Supporting with the general office administration;
- Inputting purchase invoices;
- general reconciliations;
- year end and audit preparation
- Ad hock tasks as requested by the Finance Officer.
- Good attention to detail and an aptitude for working with numbers
- Confidence in using computers, especially SharePoint, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of PS Financial would be useful, but training can be provided
- Positive, can-do attitude with willingness to undertake a variety of tasks
- Team player with good communication skills
- Able to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Organised, reliable and flexible
- Able to show initiative and work unsupervised when required
How to Apply
To apply submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short paragraph explaining why you are interested in this volunteer position no later than 8 April 2019.